Yummy Grilled Pork Loin  

Posted by: Savari in , , ,

This past Sunday, I was looking for something I could cook that wouldn't take half the evening. I love to cook but sometimes I just want something quick and easy. This recipe for Grilled Pork Loin is just that, quick and easy.

First, let's start with the marinade. I'll go ahead and warn you now, I'm not good with measuring ingredients out. I normally just sorta throw stuff together. I'll try, for the sake of others, to give an approximate amount of what I used.

Marinade:
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 Tbsp. garlic salt
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp. cajun seasoning
1/2 Tbsp. meat tenderizer
1 Tbsp. parsley

Put your pork loin in a gallon size freezer bag. (When I say pork loin, I'm not talking about the huge ones, I mean the small individually wrapped ones.) Add all the above listed ingredients to the bag and seal it. Try to make sure you've squeezed as much of the air out of the bag as you can and make SURE you seal it TIGHT. Otherwise you will have an oily mess. Roll the pork loin around in the bag. You can tell when everything has distributed itself somewhat evenly. Stick it in the fridge for about an hour. Longer is better but an hour works if you are pressed for time.

Light your grill about 15 minutes before your hour is up. If you use a charcoal grill, you may need to light it about 30 minutes before the hour is up, though. You'll know best how long it takes for your own grill to heat up, so use your judgement for this part.

When the grill is ready, take bag and all out to your grilling area. I would strongly suggest using a pair of grilling tongs to get the loin out of the bag, otherwise you might end up with a mess. Put the pork loin on the grill and shut the lid. Once again, you'll need to use your own judgement on cooking times, because all grills vary. It took about 30 - 45 minutes for mine to cook, but I use a gas grill. You'll need to flip the loin a couple of times during your cooking times.

I don't have any pictures of the loin I cooked because as soon as I cut it, it disappeared. I think I managed to snag two pieces out of the whole thing. *shrugs* Growing kids and all that. :) If you decide to try this recipe leave me a comment and let me know how it turns out. I love comments. :)











This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2011 and is filed under , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment